Wednesday 2 December 2009

All the mums are down

My mother calls me this morning. Under no circumstances must I take my son to school. I have to rest, beat this thing.

I go upstairs to ask L's mum if she'll take my boy. She comes to the door. She looks like utter shit. She looks weak and done in and says her throat is killing her.

She has to take her other child to the GP this morning, she also has to take another boy to school, she'll take mine.

I'm dressed and ready to go, I tell her, I'll take them all.

I go along the corridor to N's flat. His stigmum doesn't look quite as shit as L's mum but looks like she could do with going back to bed. She's taken the day off work; works in an international school. Says she can't get a doctor's appointment until Monday.

As luck would have it, I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I was going to cancel it to go to my medicinal Bazza's Boot Camp but as luck would have it again, I haven't got round to cancelling it. Good job really, as I'm really not up to any form of exercise.

I float to school, with all three children under my wing, spread the pandemic, spread it.

Well, what choice did any of us have?

(Do I naughty naughty go to my son's class assembly this afternoon? He was crying this morning he so wants me to go...I could sit at the back, rest my head against a window pane....

Let me sleep on it
Baby baby
Let me sleep on it
Let me sleep on it
I'll give you the answer in the avo.... (Meatloaf) )

No comments: