Friday 4 December 2009

Telling myself to let go

"Let it go, let it go." This recurring thought has followed me on and off for years. I've made many attempts, my Masters degree probably being the most powerful and best, for it's still with me. It's Mine.

Tired of this fight with the council, once again, the voice within me tells me to 'let it go', 'trust that things will fall into place'.

Have to move? Move! It might be nicer where we go; a bigger place, a garden.

Change my son's school? Well did it do me any harm? He'll make new friends, we both will.

From our new house, I can plan what to do. Start again. Life always happens. Change is the one thing you can rely on, truly rely on. Move with it. It's always easier to swim downstream than up.

My son.

My son.

My son.

He's doing so well at the moment.

He'll make new friends

Then we will have to move again.

And move again.

And move again.

So what?

I don't want this.

You can't always get what you want.

I know.

You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you might just find
You get what you need (Rolling Stones)

Next week the Leader of the Council will send me a letter telling me I will find his enquiries "disappointing"

Go to Bazza's Boot Camp, defend yourself against it so you don't get hurt.

OK. What then?

I don't know but right now, clean your fecking kitchen. Even your Bug didn't want to stick around in the squalor you're living in

OK

Bit by bit, room by room, clean it out, clear it out, step by step. The answers you are looking for are right under your nose. But forget about that, you're not going to find them anytime soon. So put on your Stones album and get to WORK. You'll feel better. Your son will THANK YOU.

ok

4 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Yes, I've always related to that Stones song. It brings comfort somehow.

Your instincts are telling you something, Stig. Try and make space for a good think.

xxxxx

Stigmum said...

Thankyou mamma. My instincts do tell me things, then I interrupt... or is it I think things and my instincts interrupt? I dunno, but I do know that it's my instincts that throw up the songs!! Today for example, that came up as I was writing which was a nice start to the whole day!

Anonymous said...

Wherever you live or wherever you go, your son will be absolutely fine as long as he is with you. And if you are happy, he will be too no matter where you are.

Stigmum said...

You're right but I know I would be happy if I could just move near here where we both have friends, where he has great teachers and I have Hampstead Heath which catches me every time anything happens...