Tuesday 4 August 2009

The boy's away, his mummy plays

I've had a great time since my son went to Ireland.

On Friday I went out with Anne, Em and Hus to the Meze Restaurant in Soho. The Evening Standard are doing a meal for a tenner promotion. I stuffed myself royally. We then paid a fiver to get into the club next door to Bar Italia and boogied to cheesy tunes well into the night. Fab. It was fab.

On Saturday I met my old college friend Kelly and her sister. We did a mini pub crawl around Shoreditch with Kelly's Corona promoters. Guzzling for free in the Light Bar and then Bar Kick was followed by a meal in The Breakfast Club in Hoxton, which houses The World's Smallest Disco in the loos!!! We then had a final drink in The Far Eastern Club? Great Eastern Club? Can't remember... Corona swiped my memory and Google's chucking nothing up.

On Sunday Annie was having a picnic on Hampstead Heath to say farewell to friends before she goes to New York for the global launch of the Age of Stupid. Sublime! The sun showed it's pretty face after the world cried it's eyes out the day before. Me and her uni friends from her BA days basked in the long grass with a plate in one hand and a glass in the other. Glorious!

Yesterday I finally wrote the Parent's Perspective for the Safeguarding Report that's coming out in the Autumn then ran into a stigmum who's daughter used to go to my son's school. Turned out it was her birthday. Do I want to join her and friends for a drink she asked? I do so love a birthday!

Since her daughter was born six years ago this mother has never spent one night away from her. Not one. I can't imagine that, can't imagine it at all. My boy comes back in ten nights time. I want him back now. I need him back, I need to dry out!

No comments: