Tuesday 4 August 2009

Council cock-ups

I've received a letter from the council this afternoon. It reads:

"I am writing to let you know that you are due to have a Housing Plan Interview on 30/07/09....
Please note: It is important that you attend your Housing Plan interview. Failure to do so may result in your housing application being suspended."

When did I receive it? Today! 4/08/09!
When is their letter dated? Why whaddayaknow, 30/07/09.
They want me to attend the interview the same day they are writing the letter informing me to do so.

They will penalise me. They have done before; suspended my housing application. I attended the interview when told to do so but then they sent me another letter a week later telling me I was due my six month check. I couldn't get through on the phone to tell them their cockup so they suspended me instead. In the end I had to cycle down to their offices. I can't get through today either.

If they compensated me for their fuck ups I'd have a million points. I'd be housed now.

The council, the government, none of its operatives have the brains they were born with which is why millions of people are in the same situation as me.

Don't get me started, I have to go out. A housing meeting against council sell off's followed by a date with a french horn player. I don't know what to wear. Don't want to go to the housing meeting all glammed up and don't want to go on the date all Milly Tant.

Oh that life was more simple. Grrrr.

No comments: