Thursday 6 August 2009

Dobbie's written back

An envelope embossed with House of Commons has plopped onto my door mat. Thank you Dobbie.

He's let me know that unfortunately he hasn't yet arranged to meet with a delegation from Camden and he doesn't know if he'll be able to include me "because of all the tenants' leaders who will wish to attend". However he says he will write to me again nearer the time.

Perhaps I should write another. I've been responding to emails from tenants' leaders today. We are all cc'd for greater transparency. There's a whole Broo Ha Ha over what should go on the NO SELL OFF's flyer. Someone at the meeting on Monday said "Your home next" should be included so I wrote that I agreed with that as there are so many homeless, people in hostels, temporary accommodation, on the Private Rental Scheme scam affected by all this. Man from the Federation of council tenants doesn't agree and nor does the man from CASP (Camden's Assocation of Street Properties). They say it's scaremongering. Casp Man doesn't think anything should be mentioned about the privatisation of caretakers on the flyer as that hasn't been 'mandated'.

Another woman wrote to Fed Man asking him to stop having temper tantrums over it all, which I found very funny. Honestly, emails go back and forth, back and forth, with some wanting this or that included, others saying NO! I'm too new to care too much at this juncture but I must say, I am enjoying the debate!

So yes, I ought to write to Dobbie again and say I will be representing homeless people and families. You never know, he might say OK. However, I'll see if he writes to me first.

No comments: