Thursday 6 August 2009

Dates

Old Shit School acquaintance emailed me about a month ago asking if I wanted to do something with him while my son was away. I replied as honestly as I could: "I really want to see you but I'm very confused about how I feel." This I was, I am. He asked me to marry him. I didn't reply in case it wasn't a joke.

I've not heard from him since but I know this is because he is waiting to hear from me. If I call, he will answer. He's that kind of guy.

I didn't tell him I was going on a date with a Trumpet Player though. I met him a couple of weeks ago at the Squatters Family Gathering Festival. The Trumpet Player's jazz punk band were performing. I got talking to him afterwards, bought him a drink, chatted to him by the bonfire while my son shouted 'look mummy look!' while writing his name with a stick dipped in fire. The Trumpet Player asked for my number, I said "OK". He said "You're not married are you?" and I said "No."

On our date he asked if I'd had a relationship since the foca left. I said "Yes." He didn't ask more than that, which was lucky, as I wouldn't know what to say.

Will I see him again? Maybe. He's interesting company. He's younger than me though, not much younger but he is. And I am old, I am very old. I am 200 years old.

No comments: