Sunday 2 August 2009

I miss you mummy

I opened the card my son made for me before he left for Ireland. He still occasionally draws the pictures on the back, which he's done this time. He's swimming in the sea and there's a stick person with a jelly belly splayed out on a beach towel soaking in the sun, which I'm assuming is me.

Inside he's written:

To my mummy
I miss you
I just want you to come. lots and
lots of love

xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx
xxxxx

I miss my son before he goes. So it seems he misses me too as he waits to leave. I'll wager that right this minute though I'm the furthest person in his mind as he has lunch with all his cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. He's giggling and telling funny stories.
I don't want him to miss me. It's heartbreaking when your child phones in tears and there's nothing you can do.
I want him to have a blast. That's what he's doing, having a blast. So I am happy and the only thing that's welling up in my eyes is love.
How I love him, how I do....

No comments: