Tuesday 23 June 2009

Change of plan for the Tory visitor

This evening a Tory councillor is coming to Papier Mache Towers to talk to us residents. A couple of days ago on the foyer's notice board it said he would talk about 'housing options.' I thought that would be very interesting given what I know. Today though I see that has been changed and he's going to talk about 'regeneration' projects. Easy peasy lemon squeezy to share vision, make promises.
I'm going. I ought to really given I'm wearing red nail varnish. I'm taking my son, no choice there as have no sitter.
Now, what do I ask?
"Very interesting regeneration ideas Mr Councillor but the Tory's are planning cuts in public funding so how are you proposing to pay for it? Oh by auctioning off the council flats?"
Or
"You were going to talk about Housing Options Mr Councillor, why have you changed your mind?"
The first question is on behalf of the residents who have secure tenancies here, the second is for me, because I'm nosy. I just hope I'm brave enough to ask as I can get a bit dry mouthed. Christ, I'm wearing red nail varnish for cupcakes sake, I can be BOLD!!

No comments: