Tuesday 2 June 2009

Honey's moved

I was really happy for her, then she told me it wasn't a council flat.

She asked her hostel manager if she could have a room with a bath as her son's eczema had got so bad that his skin was cracking and bleeding. She was told that the rooms with baths were smaller than hers. "Smaller?" she asked incredulously, the inference being of course that she couldn't imagine a room smaller than her own.

They said she had to be rehoused urgently on medical grounds, was given 40 extra points. This obviously was not going to get her very far so they placed her in a private rented flat.

She is happy, she looks happier. Her son's skin has calmed down. She's quite pregnant now too. She is in a better space. She says it's big, two bedrooms, a front garden. She also says it costs £395 a week.

Her landlady lives abroad and has said if she isn't housed by the council when her three year tenancy expires, she'll renew it. Private landlords are the real winners in this....

I told her I was jealous. I told her I wished I was 20. I wouldn't give a flying fairy cake if I was in my early twenties. I moved around a lot back then.

I don't want rent I can't afford myself. That's who I am for that's who I was.

That's my problem. My past was good. I know better than this shit.

No comments: