Friday 26 June 2009

So long Jacko

I heard the news bulletin last night after Question Time. I was shocked. You know, that momentary feeling of nothing before the heart starts beating again and you think 'oh god'. Or that's what I thought, there are plenty of spontaneous reactionary words to choose from.

This morning though, as I went outside to have a quick first fag of the day, my next door neighbour came home clutching a tabloid. "JACKO'S DEAD" the headline screamed. Then next door neighbour went into her studio and put on his music REALLY LOUD! It was great!!

My son doesn't know Michael Jackson too well. I've got the odd motown track but no album of his. However outside the lift before I took him to school, he got the hang of a song remarkably quickly so the wait was anything but arduous, we just had to join in

Beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it

Rest in peace Jacko and thank you for the music (yes I know that's an Abba track, I just can't help myself)

No comments: