Tuesday 23 June 2009

Whadda ya know, resident meeting cancelled

Yup, no chance to talk to the Tory councillor as 'due to flooding, the meeting has been cancelled'. Given that the meeting is here, at Papier Mache Towers, this is hardly surprising, floods are the order of the day, especially under the lifts (or in them if we're talking urine, dogs or humans who knows....)

Never mind me and my questions, widow from upstairs was going to challenge the councillor about what he might do about the teenagers who use the block as a playground.

Last Sunday, she told me, at least 15 of them had broken the lock to the roof and from there were throwing all manner of things from the top. They poured a can of tango which landed on widow's mum, drenching her in orange fizz. They then moved down to the balcony outside her flat and shouted obsenities to whoever from there.

I told her I missed the lot. I miss everything round here. Although I do hear kids from the back of my block but they're young, doing death defying leaps from one shed to another. These are older kids and I may have heard them tonight. Lots of shrieks and stamping about, so much so the Tower shuddered.

Meeting's been moved to next Monday. The last one was interesting. The focus then was on the teenagers too, who kicked in the glass panel from the 9th floor balcony, who threw a stone at a security officer making his head bleed. They threw glass at single dad too. Apparently then, the fresh waves of crime were caused by Dispersal Orders. Kids seen in Queens Crescent or Burghley Street after a certain hour are 'dispersed' to reduce criminal activity in these areas. Where do they go? Why here! Lucky us!

No comments: