Monday 18 May 2009

Atishoo atishoo we all fall down

My eyes are burning, my nose is streaming when it's not sneezing. I'm beginning to know what it must be like to suffer from hayfever.
My brain feels like it's been placed in liquid helium. My skull struggles to contain the expanding matter as it freeeeeezes.
It's a common head cold. I think. It's been so long since I had one of those.
"I've got swine flu," I joked to Milly and Ellie at the weekend as my body automatically reflexed to whatever was bugging it over and over again. Didn't feel so funny yesterday, on the Tube. I felt contagious.
I've been making ginger infusions, taking echinacea, chucking paracetamol down my throat, wrapping up warm warm warm as me bones shiver.
It's a flipping head cold but with more cases of flu pronouced on the news last night I will phone the surgery just to make sure....

A A A Tishoooooooo

No comments: