Friday 15 May 2009

Mr Gray

I ran into Mr Gray last night by the lift. Armed with a half empty bottle of wine I'd shared with Jab outside, and already somewhat giddy, I asked for his help.
Mr Gray is the chairman of the Resident's Association. I met him a couple of months ago. He has a friendly face and seems very personable.
He remembered my son who sat next to him at the meeting quietly writing in his phonics workbook.
Mr Gray said he was seeing the ward managers next week. He said something about dropping keys at my flat which I didn't quite understand but nor did I want to appear drunk so I merely said "thank you".
Can Mr Gray help? All I know is that light years from now, if someone asks for my help with housing, I won't have the foggiest idea how to.
But as they say, don't ask don't get. Everything's worth a shot.
Que sera sera...

No comments: