Thursday 30 July 2009

and the winner is.....

ME!!!!!

Next weekend I'm going to the Big Chill festival thanks to my friend Annie. It's fantastic, amazing, utterly, utterly brilliant as I'm going to miss my son, I turned down a lifetime trip to India and we'll be on our way just as I'm aching to see my boy again. It is going to be a blast! Bands, camping, great company come rain, sludge or shine! And for free!!! I've never been to the Big Chill before. Been to the bar in Kings Cross, not the festival in the Malvern Hills!!!

Annie sent an email on facebook a week or so ago saying she had a free plus one ticket, who wanted to go with her? If she had many takers she would put names into a hat. I wrote something daft like 'while the child's away the mamma can play! Put my name on coloured paper, everyone else's on white ho ho ho' and yesterday morning, as Sinja slept off her jetlag, I got the news!!!!!! Her email was headed: "and the winner is......" I was bouncing off the walls!

I have that to look forward to when my son leaves tomorrow and my son to look forward to when I come back. And my my my, it will be bloody glorious to leave London for a few days, hang out with her and her mates and Chill Big time!!

I feel blessed. I do! I do....

No comments: