Saturday 11 July 2009

Signs

I've been rereading about angels this week. For many many years now I've asked the "World" for protection, particularly when I'm in a spot of bother. My belief in angels isn't a new thing but a few months ago I ordered a book on it from "Bethea" on the internet. It wasn't arriving and in the past, things I've bought from Bethea arrive quite quickly. It arrived on Tuesday, the day after I went to auction. Perfect timing you could say.

After I finished posting on here yesterday I felt I couldn't do anything but take myself to bed. The flat really does need de cluttering but I thought it could wait. I'd lie down and try and communicate with my personal angel. We all have one, according to the book. I wanted the angel to give me a sign.

I fell asleep.

When I woke up I thought I really ought to text a friend and go out that evening. I'd spent far too much time on my own. I thought of texting Hus, Milly, maybe just go to the cinema with Em? I fell back to sleep.

Some time later my mobile rang. It was Sam, a fellow stigmum. Did I have my son with me? She was thinking of taking her two children to the Heath and she really needed a drink as well. I told her he wasn't but I'd be happy to meet her. We arranged to meet at the Bull and Last on Highgate Road at 4 o'clock.

I didn't have any money so I went to the cashpoint in Queens Crescent. Then remembering my post on facebook this morning: "Why is it cigarettes are always the answer?" and a friend responding with "I thought smarties were always the answer", I decided to pop into the shop and get Sam's two kids a tube each. I couldn't see any, but there were "the Milky Bars are on me!"

A man with a basket of goods let me go before him and as I paid for the chocolate I became aware of the music playing. I focused on listening to what it was. "I'll stand by you, I'll stand by you. Won't let nobody hurt you, I'll stand by you. Take me in, into your darkest hour and I'll never desert you, I'll stand by you." (Girls Aloud version)

Angels send signs in all kinds of ways and it's true, when you receive one, you do feel a wash of calm.
If I bid at auction, I'm not going in on my own.
And as it turned out, Sam was ideal company.

No comments: