Tuesday 7 July 2009

Hannah and Tim are being evicted

Hannah and Tim are in the same situation as me. In a temporary flat where the lease agreement between the housing association and the Council will expire next year.
I saw Hannah on Sunday at the Alma Street Festival and she told me they were being evicted, that they've had a court order through. I don't understand and will have to talk to her more.

I don't understand because this flat I'm in was sold two years ago. One couple came to view it and said if they bought it, I would have to leave. The council assured me that while there was an lease agreement between the housing association and the flat, my tenancy would be secure and that tenancy (and security) would expire in 2010.

I was lucky, the people who did buy it, bought it with me and my son in it. So you see, I had assurances so I don't understand how this is happening to Hannah and Tim (again.... they were evicted by their last landlords hence the situation they are in now).

I told them to get a lawyer. I didn't know what else to suggest. A lawyer didn't help me but here is an eviction order. They must be able to get help.

The council has told them they will go back into a hostel or into temporary accommodation in Haringey. Haringey? Their son's are all settled at their school in Kentish Town.

Lives are simply overturned with no thought for the children. Do you think it's right? Do you?

No comments: