Monday 13 July 2009

Love

It was so good to see my son last night when he came back from his dad's. "I cried on Friday because I missed you mummy," he said. All he wanted were hugs. I was more than happy to oblige.

Recently he's drawn several pictures with three people in them. "Who are they?" I ask. "You, me and daddy," he replies.

This morning he drew me a picture. He drew a star, a ladybird in a pink circle with the words 'well done' around it. He stuck on a ribbon on which he'd glued a red 'jewel'. There were also two stickers; one of the starship enterprise and the other of a sea eel.

On it he wrote:

"WELL DONE
You have been a star at looking after me!"

I am one very fortunate mother. I'll miss him so much when he's away for two weeks in the summer. I'll have him with me for five though.

Love. How I love him.

2 comments:

Writing Sally said...

That's beautiful. Some people only ever moan about their kids, it's great to read something so positive.

Stigmum said...

Thanks Sally!