Tuesday 28 July 2009

Beautiful friends I have

A couple of weeks ago, my old school friend called saying she's used up all her holiday this year, she's really busy at work, she knows I'll really miss my son when he goes to Ireland, so could she buy me a flight to Goa with her airmiles. She has tons, she told me.

Goa? GOA? INDIA???? I was gobsmacked. I was lost for words. I dreamt of my feet in the sand as waves lick my ankles, I dreamt of India. How incredible would that be?!!! To fly into Mumbai???!!!!!

I'm still gobsmacked to be honest. I'm not going to Goa though. She told me to let her know by last Friday. I er, didn't. Other friends think I'm crazy. I think I'm crazy which is why I didn't let her know but I do have to clear out this sess pit. I didn't let her know because how do you let someone know that you're saying no to a dream???? Oh go on, you think I'm crazy too - staying home to sort out my housing instead of a holiday break of a lifetime in a country I've fantasised about visiting. That's fine. I am.

What a beautiful beautiful gift from a beautiful beautiful friend. I don't have to go to thank her. The thought is the gift. Mwah mwah mwah I love you!!! xxx

No comments: