Tuesday 7 July 2009

You need an alibi as though you're up for murder

Just over a week ago I waited at home for Tommy the housing officer's visit and he never turned up. On Friday I received his letter which I replied to yesterday (by email, not phoning on this one)

His letter said: " I am very sorry you were unable to keep the appointment made for me to visit you to carry out a routine inspection of your property on Friday 26 June2009."

I emailed: "I've received your letter where you say 'I am very sorry you were unable to keep the appointment made for me to visit you to carry out a routine inspection of your property on Friday 26 June 2009.
"Tommy, I was there. [The housing association] had sent a gas inspector for that morning and I also had [Matt the mental health worker] come and see me. He left just after 12.30 and can verify that I was there the whole time.
"It is you who didn't keep the appointment. I am reluctant to sit in my flat for a no-show this Friday.
"Also, please in the future, do not imply that the fault is mine, that I am the one who doesn't keep the appointment. It is also what the council has done in the past and it's very unpleasant.
"I shall hear from you soon
"Regards
"Sue"

It BUGS me no end particularly as I like Tommy. I don't want to have to write emails like that to him. The council no-shows were a support worker two years ago just before I got ex support worker. Aaargh. In this bucket you need an alibi as though you're up on a murder charge. Nothing is ever their fault.

No comments: