Tuesday 28 July 2009

My old old friend is coming to stay!!

She's on her way from Heathrow to mine as I post this!! She's just called to say she's landed!! It is amazing, unbelievable, magic!! I haven't seen her for, what, eight years??????!!!!!

I worked with her in Japan. When I travelled home overland I stopped off in Denmark to see her. I didn't see her again for years until work sent me to Copenhagen so I grabbed a couple of days holiday to hang out with her. She's a single mum like me now, neither of us can afford to go and see the other. A friend of hers bought her a ticket to Canada and she's on her way home, 24 hour stop over in London! Her son's not with her, which is a shame, as mine's with me and they're a year apart, but WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Can't wait to hug her!!!!

No comments: