Thursday 30 July 2009

What is Time?

It was so good to see Sinja, Tuesday night, yesterday. Yakkety yak, we just talked and talked. An old friend of hers who I didn't remember ("if I saw a photo I might!") had invited her to Canada and something very powerful had happened between them. With my recent experience with old shit school aquaintance, I knew what she was saying without her having to say it.

Yesterday as we hung over the balcony having a fag I remarked how our lives seemed to run on a parallel. Our boys have such similar interests and what with her and me and mental health problems past and present and being stigmums both, it was as though time had no bearing on how we'd get on.

Time! It's years you don't see anyone and it's as though no time has passed. You slide back in so easily. It's like that with the gals from school. Can be years and years before we see one another but in no time it feels like last week.

It's a warm, fuzzy, comforting kind of feeling. If you could bottle it, I'd drink it all day!

No comments: