Tuesday 21 September 2010

Milly Tant?

Two bits of news this morning!
C's mum told me of a man who runs a cafe nearby who made an application to go on the housing list not very long ago and somehow managed to jump to the very top of the list and get housed. Flew straight into a two bed flat.
Someone, I know not who, has got up in arms about it and word is the man might have paid someone in the council to raise him up so quickly.
I've been sent an email:

ARE YOU WAITING TO BE HOUSED? (Yes)
Has Camden housing let you down? (Yes)
Are you suffering from stress and or illness because of Camden's housing system? (Yes)
Do you feel your case has been unfairly treated or even dismissed (Oh yes)
Seen cases of less urgency being put before yours (Yes)

We would like to hold a discussion to hear your views.
Please call or email to confirm your attendance or tell us your case. (OK)

Other bit of news...
Camden Defend Council Housing are having a street protest on Saturday.
I shall take my hungover corpse to the meeting place at 11.30.
My son won't be with me. I will be hungover. I've been desperate for Al Cohol all week.

Anyway, all I can say is someone heard me singing 4 Non Blondes at the top of my lungs yesterday!
One can but hope....

No comments: