Friday 3 September 2010

Faltering with friends

These last few days my son and I have been very lucky, spending time with friends.

That my son is so happy playing with his friends of course makes me happy.

I try and be positive with mine, for of course housing will come up:
"How's it going?"
"Have you moved yet?"
"What's going to happen?"
"Do you know where you're going?"

I tell them I'm really looking forward to my son having his own room. He wants it blue. I tell them I'm looking forward to making it our home and then I falter. Words bang in my head: temporary, insecure, I don't know, don't know, know nothing.

I do not tell these words to my friends, I just falter when I get to the word "home" then smile weakly and say "I'm trying to be positive ha ha!"

Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaa.

Thank goodness there's such a thing as changing the subject
(though not on here ey stiggers? Oh joy....)

No comments: