Tuesday 7 September 2010

My Sleeping Beauty

When I picked my son up from school yesterday afternoon I was told by his little classmates he was fast asleep in the book corner of the classroom.

I coaxed him awake. His classroom assistant told me he'd been ok during the day, if a little quiet, not his usual self.

He slept when we got home. I woke him up for food he'd barely eat, took his temperature: 38.6. Gave him some calpol and he went back to bed sleeping through until 8 this morning.

He couldn't get up so I decided to phone the school and tell him I was keeping him home.

I went in the room to deliver the news and he projectile vomited all over his bed, the floor, clear white; all the water he'd drunk.

He rested on the sofa after that asking for Classic fm when I suggested music. Later he played on education city on the internet and some game made him hungry so I made him a boiled egg. It's what he asked for, not wanting toast.

My neighbour kindly watched him as I ran out and bought some rehydration solution. So weak my little one with his grey sunken eyes. He can't stand the taste of it and even laying on bribes of chocolate when he's better couldn't make him take more than a couple of sips.

I pop out with Nico Teen and chat to my neighbour and when I come back in, where's my boy? In my bed, fast fast asleep.

Children are so beautiful when they're sleeping aren't they? Well, mine is..! I'll go and wake him up in a minute. It's like he's a baby again and having an afternoon nap before his 5 O'clock feed.

Only he's not a baby is he, my growing lad. I hope he'll eat. Boiled rice. How very exciting for him!
He was sad to miss science at school today. His favourite subject, he said they were going to learn about teeth.
He did make me laugh though. Big ol' holiday and first day back he goes down with some lurgy. With me it was the opposite: big ol' term time and I'd go down first day of the holidays...

Get well soon my little beauty!

No comments: