Friday 27 March 2009

Holidays

I don't know how the stigmum afforded to go to New York three times last year and managed to squeeze in a family holiday to the Carribbean.

I don't know how the Bangladeshi father I met in the hostel affords to take his entire family to Bangladesh every year.

I don't know how a friend I know afforded to take her girls to Euro Disney.

I don't know because I don't ask. It's none of my business and I know first hand how judged they are being on benefits. I assume credit cards, overdrafts, competition wins, saving for it.

I was telling an old acquaintance recently how badly I am going to miss my son when he goes to Cornwall with his dad over the Easter holiday. He's invited me to stay with him in Barcelona. The funds aren't there but do I stay or do I go?

No comments: