Thursday 5 March 2009

One council, two interpretations

In his letter the Council's Quality and Review Officer writes to my local councillor:

"As you know, Stigmum is living in temporary accommodation provided on behalf of the Council"

In her letter, on behalf of the Chief, the Council's Acting Assistant Director (need and access) writes to me:

"I note that you are living in temporary accommodation provided by Pathmead's Housing Association."

The Quality and Review Officer is right. The Acting Assisant Director (needs and access) is wrong. Her letter is full of flaws and that's just the start of it. I have to respond.

Last night I held my son's hand when I went to bed. Sadly we are in this together. I am in this for him. He sleeps with me because he's outgrown his cotbed and there isn't the space to replace it.

No comments: