Monday 7 June 2010

Better than a kick in a teeth....

Letter from Downing St saying the Prime Minister "is most grateful for the time and trouble you have taken to get in touch and for informing him of your views". Hmmm, yes, let's hear what he says today about cuts cuts cuts, especially about welfare.....

The letter says "the Department for Communities and Local Government is best placed to respond to matters you raise" so Cameron has asked that my letter be forwarded there.

Groundhog day. That's what Brown did.....

Letter from the House of Commons from my MP, saying he's sorry he's taken so long to reply (Quicker than Downing st!), that he has forwarded my letter to the Council's Director of Housing. He'll write as soon as he gets a response and hopes his intervention helps. I hope it does too. I wonder if he also sent my "Story of an Election/Eviction". Hmmm, must go see him at his surgery soon.

The council email I opened last night. Silly silly me.

I know you find it frustrating that you come across people who seem to get rehoused quicker than you, but different households have different needs and sometimes this is reflected in the points they are awarded. Unfortunately, I cannot comment further about [the Polish mother] you mention below as there is insufficient information to enable me to do so.

No indication of permanent housing and I've already seen that of course, the amazing street properties close to my son school have gone to someone else... as expected.

So yes, though that council email was a kick in the teeth, I can't say at this juncture that the letters received from the men at the top were.

Does mean I need a plan of action however. Must think about this... so don't want to think about this...

My son found the mobile charger in his Croc this morning. There's symbolism in that, I like it!

2 comments:

Jennysmith said...

Very complex with that points system isn't it. Remember my mate going through this.

Heart is with you , Stigmum xxxx

Stigmum said...

Yes, wierd nightmares are happening again, last night looking through a bag for something and being told by a woman to stop and go away and me saying "no!" Wish the answers to how to get out of this mess was in it, but alas...! Thanks Jen, so utterly tiresome my blog!!!!! xxx