Saturday 26 June 2010

Pearl Jam

I went to the gig alone. A mix up with the tickets, my Mr Advice man gave me the option and I took it. Thank you Mr Advice Man!! I bopped, I waved my arms, I whistled besides thousands of other people and had a complete blast! I let the music transcend my own thoughts, sang "I wanna go home, I wanna go home, I wanna go home!" with the crowd and hoped the moon and stars could hear me.

I met another woman on her own. She said her name was Sue and I said: "Ooooh!" I told her I was going to try and get to the front and she said she'd stay where she was because it was already so busy.

I found a spot where I could see Eddie, Easy on the Eye, Eddie, Rock God of my evening, between the shoulders of two giant hulks where I also had a clear view of the screen should I want a close up of his fine, fine features! I didn't want the evening to end, it was one of those. You want it to go on and on and on. I sang though, when I knew the lyrics I sang. The evening was a gift, a timely, amazing, gift.

Altogether now!

Oh I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey, I, I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey I, oh, I'm still alive
Hey...oh...!

(Pearl Jam featuring stiggers)

No comments: