Wednesday 30 June 2010

P = Pasting

Friday 25th June. Had I not been floating from the Pearl Jam gig, I'd've paraphrased this, but this morning, shucks, you get it all. I don't even know if I'm right or wrong pasting it like this, but hell's bells, the bold bits make me so angry.....I'm grateful to allocations though. She doesn't ignore me (although I've not had a reply to my response yet....Should have put in more questions...)

Dear Ms De Nim,

Thank you for your email and it was kind of [the Estate Manager] to speak to you whilst he was conducting a viewing of the property next door.

As you know I cannot comment on the households shortlisted for the property [in Papier Mache Towers] but they will have valid reasons for having the points that they do and were shortlisted correctly for the property.

The council has many remits, one of which is a statutory duty to those who meet the criteria of homelessness under the current legislation for homelessness. The homeless duty is to provide temporary accommodation and not permanent rehousing, but we do place those households we accept a duty to on the housing register. In recognition that you are a homeless applicant we have awarded you 100 statutory homelessness points; I know that you think this insufficient and have requested a review of your points several times and these have been carried out but there have been no change. I have spoken to [the Support Manager], who advised that he visited you last Thursday and advised you that the Homeless Household Support Services were being restructured and that you will be allocated a new Homeless Household Support Worker shortly. I have spoken to [the Support Manager] today and he has confirmed that this will happen next week.

As I have said before that we will endeavour to keep you in Camden, however, at this moment I can neither confirm whether it will be in the same location or what form of temporary accommodation this will be. I am aware that you are, have been and continue to be anxious about your housing and what will happen and we are working to minimise this situation may be causing you.

Regards


Allocations

No comments: