Wednesday 30 June 2010

P = Positive thinking

My head was in the Pomegranite Plan all day. I planned to tidy up abit, I didn't, I got swept away by Take That instead of charging ahead with Diana Ross.

It was good. By making contact with the press I'd put my Pomegranite Plan into action.

I never told you about Jennyfer Spencer did I oh reader. A disabled woman who lived on the fifth floor of a block near me was found dead in her flat after battling for three years for a ground floor adapted flat. It was a huge story in the local paper because she left a note asking that they investigate her death.

Suicide has been ruled out, the council has been cleared of any wrong doing. I wrote to the paper saying I empathised with her, even though I am physically healthy. I said I'd written to politicians on behalf of my son, borough and country and didn't want her death to be in vain, whatever its causes. They didn't publish it. That's alright, I'm always very Doris about sending letters to the press.

Anyway, I don't want her death to be in vain so I went to the papers yesterday and offered up my story. I said that with their help, me and Jennyfer, who was known as Alex round here, might be able to get hold of the £283 million pounds denied to the council because tenants wouldn't accept council housing to be privatised.

Worth a shot no? The paper's been campaigning for it for years and Alex's death is directly related to housing.

Council policy needs to change. It's not transparent at all, as you followers well know because I bore you relentlessly with all my confusion. The situation here is getting worse. In five years the waiting list has gone up from 15,000 to 18,000. We need more affordable homes. We need that money.

A new Government unlikely to give it
A new Council that would love to have it
Me willing to go after it
A new dawn for the borough?

Take That's The Garden is very soothing

This is the life we've been given
So open your mind and start living
We can play our part if we only start
Believing

1 comment:

Stigmum said...

Thank you for this and for putting your link on my blog incase somebody else sees it. Thanks for also saying I've got a nice weblog!! I personally wouldn't go that far but it does have a purpose, especially, particularly if the end of my battle has a positive outcome. Must harness my mind power!! x