Thursday 14 April 2011

My son at the Dentists

"Can I come into the room with you mummy?"
"Wait in the waiting room (my son), it won't take long,"
"I want to be with you mummy, I want to stay with you."
"OK, as you like but I don't think you'll enjoy it. It's up to you."

In the end he didn't want to sit in the room. He sat outside it on a step reading Flat Stanley and hugging the Big Chick he'd bought himself with the £6 his Uncle Dave gave him at the weekend for helping him with the tidying up as me and my Cuz put the world to rights over a bottle of wine in her garden.

As I lay on the dentist chair, I didn't have to imagine angels for I knew a little one was right here with me.

Take all you can in with you to a dentists appointment, but try leave behind fear.

My son my sun I thank you.

No comments: