Saturday 14 August 2010

Doing nothing about evictions

I'm assuming it's a family ok, even though I don't know. Thirty 'people' are facing lease ends between Pathmeads and the council, including myself.

Here's what I've been thinking since yesterday. Can't help it.

If my son and I are to live in the flat down the alleyway, a family has to be evicted first.

Now, since the first repossession order (before even), Hannah and her husband Tim have fought tooth and nail to be given a council flat or remain where they are. At the last minute, the property owner has said they can remain in the flat and the lease resigned between the housing association and the council. They avoided a hostel by a day.

I have also fought tooth and nail. Still fighting. I have hundreds of posts to prove it. My property owner wants us out. Our future is currently hanging in the balance. (In the balance? Balance? What kind of expression is that?? Turbine more like, being shredded. I digress...)

This family who are being evicted in order for my son and I to live in their flat: Did they fight tooth and nail or did they do nothing, trusting that everything will end well for them? They don't know how to fight, their faith will see them through, I don't know, just waiting it out...

Where will they go, this family? Where will they be placed?

These questions will haunt me if we move there. I know what I'm like.

I wish Tommy had given me more details.

Even better, I wish he'd said nothing at all.

No comments: