Tuesday 10 August 2010

Not the last email after all....

Dear [Allocations],

I was told yesterday that [flat in block down the road] has been sitting empty for so long that post no longer fits through the letter box.
[Allocations], so many of mine and my son's problems would be resolved if we could take it.
It's a first floor flat with no lift so not suitable for a wheelchair user.
It is very close to my son's school. So little of his life and activities would be affected if we moved there.
I'd be happy to go and clear it up before hand.
I've had to email you about it because I feel I'm failing my child if I don't.
Kind regards,

Sue de Nim

I'd popped into the Royal Oak pub yesterday afternoon to... to what? Take the edge off all I was feeling?
Anyway, I sat at the bar and got chatting to the barmaid. She's the one who told me about the flat.
She and her boyfriend are in battle with the council at the moment over housing. They live in her boyfriend's dad's flat. Last year he lost both parents. The council will not let him stay there.
You see, children don't automatically get their parents flats. I say that because I've been reading in the newspapers recently that they do.

I hope she and her boyfriend can stay in their flat.
I hope me and my son get the one she told me about.

No comments: