Friday 27 August 2010

I'm insanely sane

I rang the mental health team with whom I was meant to have an appointment with this morning, but which new support worker cancelled for me on Wednesday because I had no childcare.

I told them my son had a spontaneous sleepover, was the space still free (you wake up so glum some mornings...)

I was put through to the woman who would have spoken to me, who told me it wasn't. I told her I'd been referred to the service without being told.

"Oh that shouldn't have happened," she told me. "You should have been told."

"Really?"

When I first got a call from these Mental Health folk a couple of weeks ago saying I'd been referred by new support worker, I could have got really angry on the phone. The social services are on my son's case though, so I complied and accepted.

Such behaviour makes me think that I am not insane.

Cabinet ministers that I will meet before the year is out might think I am though.

I've got a 'defeat' plan of action you see. I know what it is but I don't know how I'm going to do it but I do know it can succeed.

I'm going to tell them all God sent me.

(The God Delusion on telly the other night was really rather good. Nice one Richard Dawkins. I may get to meet you one day too!)

No comments: