Thursday 19 August 2010

Dreams on hold

I've bid on a flat I don't see in my dreams this week. Second floor of a block, one single, one double room, £119 a week, half an hour, not five minutes, from my son's school.

Needn't worry. I won't get it.

Talking to my old support worker, everyone in the council have read my guardian piece. They've said I can bid like everyone else.

They don't care about the issues raised in the CNJ, where I say the system is leaving me and my son behind, with a fact to back that up.

That the Ham and High published a piece by me chasing money for the borough. They couldn't give a shit.

Do they want to make an example of me? Are they looking forward to the article saying I've failed? It means nothing to them these 9 to 5ers.

Watching One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest last night. A tragic comedy of a man (Jack Nicholson) entering a mental asylum hoping it will get him off workduty at the 'farm' where he's an inmate. He rallies all the patients together to take on Miss Ratched, a nurse who doesn't have her patients interests at heart.

Is Allocations my Nurse Ratched? She has the power to use her discretion. She answers to others but can put a word in on my son's behalf.

I've said before. She doesn't want to. It's really beginning to upset me now.

Breathe, breathe, breathe...

No comments: