Friday 27 August 2010

Why I bother I do not know

Subject: New bidding system shutting me out.

Dear [Allocations] (or should I start calling her Nurse Ratched?)

I have gone in to bid, however pointless this exercise may be, and the icon to "view properties" is not there, so I can't.
I'm still waiting for the bailiff's order, every day. [New support worker] told me to call the emergency desk when it happens. Is that what we'll be, my son and I, emergencies?
What is the council planning to do with us? It must know, because it does know of us.
If you could tell me and also tell me why I can't "view properites", I'd be very grateful.
Kind regards
Sue

Dear Ms de Nim

Thank you for your email below.

As you will notice, that we have updated the Home Page and the button to view all properties is the last button on the left of the screen and called ‘See all properties’.

I’ve checked today and was in the site yesterday and it is there.

Regards


Thanks [Nurse], I've just checked and yes it is there but it wasn't there yesterday or this morning, which prompted me to write to you. You are also best placed to find out exactly what the council intends to do with us when this bailiff's order arrives so I thought I'd ask about that at the same time.
Regards
Sue (I speak the truth, it wasn't there, but when I email allocations with problems like computer glitches, they miraculously disappear, which I'd consider lucky in different circumstances)

Dear Ms de Nim

The council has and always has intended to find you further temporary accommodation following the lease end, as we have said it is our goal that you remain in Camden, but this is dependent on what accommodation we have available in the coming weeks.

Regards

Allocations (you could read this any way you liked but I, of course, can't take the chances...)

Dear [Nurse],
Yes, I've been told two bedroom temporary accommodation, so once again, I fail what I've been trying to get for my son, for it's yet more bidding facing another eviction. There are so many empty properties that could end this nightmare for us.
I'm grateful that your goal is that we remain in Camden, but so important for me, is that my son remains in his school, not far from the community of friends we have both made over the past five years.
Regards
Sue

I bid on a council flat in a low rise block in the heart of a large estate not far from here. Not something of my dreams you understand, but you have to play the wretched game, however pointless you've been told by the creators of it.

I also bid on a housing association property, not one I've ever heard of. What if it's one of those that go bust? What then? Needn't worry, won't get it.

As usual my bile over such actions and conversations make me look right at the very top. This morning I was thinking: Dave, I'm coming. I don't know how, I don't know when, but I am. I'm sick of all of this.

No comments: