Saturday 7 August 2010

Reaching out to Facebook

The Lease Has Ended. Thunderbirds are... Thunderbirds are where exactly? Ah, down the pub!

This was yesterday's comment on Facebook when I woke up needing to be positive, having spent Thursday night coasting the hard, brittle edge of my life.

It's when I posted on social networking site the week before that it took courage. Or was it courage? Was it desperation? Isolation? Just fecking giving up?

We all know that not every friend on facebook is a "friend". Perhaps we all have some one, or someones, from our past that we accepted as "friends" in order to let go of that past. Well I have them anyway and I've resisted posting about my life on Facebook because I didn't want these one or two individuals to know that what I have become is a single mother on benefits wanting a council flat. I'd rather I was known as a billionaire philanthropist.

Oh you know what? Sod it. I am what I am, I'm going through what I'm going through, take it or leave it. I broke the news with this:

Awaiting bailiffs order and son's dad has thrown me a court order. Pants. Spotty, dotty, stripey, all kinds...may as well come clean....

It's not hundreds that commented, it's a few and many of those didn't comment on my message. They sent an email, they telephoned me.

A couple wrote on the comment they didn't know how to help. That's the problem when someone's in a shit situation isn't it, it's hard to know what to do or what to say.

I told them they were helping. The fact that they are there. They don't have to do anything.

Yesterday, three phone calls: One from Canada, one from Denmark and one from Spain.

Thanks guys, it means alot xxx

No comments: