Thursday 5 August 2010

The Last Email

Dear [Allocations],

The lease on my tenancy ends today. I wait for that bailiffs order as though it's the date set for my execution.

I just want you to know, that when the Camden New Journal published my letter last week, it was not directed at you. I write to you alot but I also write to others. I have been compulsively writing for 18 months.

It was just another letter to the system, to who knows who, who knows where, hopefully someone who cares. I could not direct it at you, you have been very kind and I love my son too much.

I wrote to David Cameron last month. I attached the article I wrote in the Ham and High. I asked him to meet me and to get back to me by today. Yesterday I read the devastating news in the Guardian. The Times carried it on their front page too, this abolishment of secure tenancies replaced with short-term leases.

I will not give up hope; not for my child, not for anybody else.

I just want you to understand, I mean no harm.

Kind regards

Sue de Nim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCRZLr9oRw

I am still Peter Gabriel. I am still Kate Bush.

No comments: