Wednesday 11 August 2010

Flat in other block taken

Allocations has very kindly replied to me with two emails. One telling me the council can't just give me the flat in the block down the road, "almost all" are let through Choice-based lettings. The other email telling me the empty flat in the block down the road has been signed over to a leaseholder since 2001. She's contacted the Estate Manager and indeed it doesn't look like it's been lived in for some time. I sent her an email saying Cameron's got it wrong abolishing secure tenancies, he should be abolishing the Right to Buy, but just before that I sent her this:

Dear [Allocations],

Yes, I do know that almost all your properties have to be let by Choice-based lettings.

However, last week, I noticed one of the properties I bid on was "withdrawn". This reminded me of a letter I received from [Needs and Access] last year regarding a property I bid on in [Kentish Town] that was also "withdrawn".

She told me that occasionally "the council will make a direct offer of a permanent council or housing association accommodation to an applicant with exceptional needs." One of these were: "There are child or public protection issues".

I am trying to protect my child. On Monday I sent Brighton Family Courts a letter, with a form I had to fill out, saying I would not be appearing next week. I made a reference to my son's social worker saying I was "not emotionally equipped enough" to appear at this time.

I have to send the form to my son's father. I do not know if I have to send the letter too. He is a serial emotional abuser to me, which is why he has issued me with a court order now, while my son and I are awaiting a bailiff's order. He will do everything in his power to discredit me and declare me an unfit mother.

I've tried to get legal advice but this is a battle I will have to fight long after [my son] and I are housed. I thought when his father married and his wife had two children by him, the abuse would stop. It's only going to get worse if I can't sort out my son's housing and I do not know how to stop it.

[New Support Worker] has referred me to Kentish Town Mental Health Services. They called and said they will make me an appointment in September. This could be a start for me but [my son's] father will use that knowledge to his advantage if ever he finds out.

My son is in an Art Therapy workshop this week, for children whose parents are separated or separating. His school suggested I put him forward for family therapy, but [his social worker] thought this might be better for now.

I need to know his foundations are secure with me. I have to be "emotionally equipped enough" to safeguard him and I'm sure you can understand that dealing with one issue at a time is better for both of us.

Thank you for your enquiries about [the flat in the block down the road].

Kind regards,

Sue de Nim

I just have to be a bit Doris about that now, what more can I do?

No comments: