Thursday 12 August 2010

I didn't think I'd do it.....

9th August in response to an email from allocations that she'd seen my letter in the cnj and understood the points I made.

Dear [Allocations],

Thank you. The editor of the Ham and High, recently asked me if I would like to write an article about perserverance after [my son] and I are housed. I said to him I'd rather write about hope but it is only the council that can allow me to do that. I don't know how I'd write it but I'd like to give it a go.

I'm also thinking of approaching the Guardian, in terms of Tory plans to destroy life chances of children. I'm only thinking about it. I'm in an incredibly vulnerable situation and [my son's] father has chosen this moment to make my life more difficult than it already is by issuing me with a court order.

I do not wish to expose myself more than I have already done so but I'm just so frightened and so angry that if I don't do something, I'll just collapse under the weight of it all.

I'm just letting you know. The Guardian may not take the piece. I just have to brace myself if it does, transferring fear of eviction to fear of exposure.

Kind regards

Sue de Nim

Yesterday afternoon I just whipped off 500 words and sent it to the National. I surprised myself because what with all that Foca shit going on, I didn't think I had it in me. Uncharacteristically, I did not sit on my copy in order to clean it up this morning.

Journo Gal replied saying they'd take it and publish it today.

Allocations emailed again last night about The Flat In The Block Down The Road. I told her I'd sent the Guardian a piece. It was directed at the prime minister and his deputy. I wrote that I didn't know what I'd done and hoped I wasn't hurting my son.

I do know what I've done of course and I don't know what I've done. Or rather I do know what I've done but I don't know the consequences of what I've done.

Either way, what's done is done.

(and while I'm here, why didn't I say to allocations that if she understood my letter, why couldn't she, of all people, use her contacts to help us. I guess because I've asked her before and she won't. For whatever reason, she won't.)

No comments: