Wednesday 10 November 2010

I'm taking EVERYTHING

If the outcome of this battle was different and my son and I were on our way to HRM Hostel, I would be tears right now. I would be totally inconsolable. I would be sitting in the midst of my mess, and believe me, it's right messy, wailing as I thrashed my arms in my own flood of despair.

Most of the boxes packed are filled with my son's things. He's amassed quite a bit in the five years here. I would want to take them all even though I'd know there'd be nowhere to put it.

Me, it's just books mostly, this time. All my stuff from the last place is already in storage because this one bed is smaller than that one bed was.

There's a shed load of papers and notebooks I've written in and not written in and magazines I want to keep all on the floor at my feet. It is these that have made me think: I can take EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

I'll just shove them all into boxes and sort them out the other side because:

It's a two bedroom flat! It's a bigger space! Even if there's not much inbuilt storage (and I did open the cupboard with the boiler in it and you can put nothing in there), there is still the opportunity to buy odd bits of cheap furniture or better still, grab some from the recycling depo I've been told is nearby.

It's a new start we're going to. I'm going to really try, really, really try to keep it tidy.

Of course I'm taking Diana Ross with me

If you need me call me
No matter where you are, no matter how far
Just call my name, I'll be there in a hurry....

She's the only one who's ever been able to get me started on fecking boring repetitive necessary housework

Music, I tell ya, where would we be without it?

No comments: