Thursday 11 November 2010

Trying to safeguard our future

Dear [Allocations], [Manager], [Support Worker] and [Housing Officer],

Firstly, I'd like to thank you all very much for offering [my son] and I the [Attic] flat. Two bedrooms will have a very positive impact on our lives and not only is the flat in the borough, but we are still within a reasonable distance from my son's school and playmates and the friends we have both made in and around Camden since he was born. If it was permanent I would be crying for very different reasons than having failed my son. Thanks to you, I do not feel I have failed my son.

Yesterday I received the baliff's order for this flat. I was told I would not receive it and knowing for the time being we are safe, it still threw me sideways. Memories of 2003 and 2005 still echo in my mind.

I have therefore a huge request to ask.

When the lease ends on the flat, please, please renew it.

Camden renew the lease with Pathmeads
Pathmeads renew the lease with the property owner.

If the property owner does not sell the flat with me in it, [Housing Officer], please ask Pathmeads not to send me the repossession order. I need to feel secure.
If the property owner does sell it with me in it, [Allocations] I will let you know. If we can not be given extra points for insecure housing, for our 4th eviction will be imminent, please let us access points through the exceptions panel. I cannot take my child through an eviction process again, I fear it will just finish me off.

None of us know how things will be in a few years time regarding everyone's housing. At the moment it looks very bleak indeed. Things can change though, so let's hope they do.

Thanks again for finding us somewhere decent to live. My son is really excited, his teachers have been telling me.

Kind regards,
Sue de Nim
(123456)

P.S. [Manager], if I have got [Housing Officer's] email wrong could you forward this to him. He did write it down on a piece of paper for me but maybe I've packed it. I tried calling him yesterday, questions about the flat, but have yet to hear anything. Fortunately [A Woman] from the temporary allocations team is going to try and call him on my behalf.

No comments: