Saturday 13 November 2010

"This place suits you!"

Annie and Issy came round last night with a takeaway and some booze love 'em!
"Wow" they both said when they saw it. You can see the entrance to every room from the front door There isn't only the illusion of space; there is space.

Chatting away, listening to music, Issy says: "This place really suits you!"

I didn't ask her what she meant, because I knew what she meant. It's the whole 'social profile' thing

It reminded me of the Tory councillor who told me not to go for a council flat but to take private renting. Who told me to live somewhere according to my 'social profile', to take my son to live somewhere more 'suitable' to our 'social profile'. You might remember, I blogged about it.

Well Tory councillor, I've got what you wanted for us. Now do me a favour and don't go slashing the housing benefit.

Incidently, I still don't know what the rent is. When I saw the housing officer on Thursday, he even called his office to find out but no joy.

I think it's the universe telling me not to think or worry about it. So I won't. I don't have the energy if I'm honest. All I want to do now is go and crash out on my new mattress and enjoy the fact there are no jagged springs stabbing my body.

Aah, nice.

No comments: