Saturday 13 November 2010

Stigmum and me - a song

It's now time to make a change,
Just relax, take it easy.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know.
Find a man settle down,
If you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

I was once like you are now, and I know that it's not easy,
To be calm when you've found something going on.
But take your time, think a lot,
Why, think of everything you've got
For you will still be here tomorrow,
but your dreams may not.

How can I try to explain, when I do I'm turned away again.
It's always been the same, same old story.
From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

It's now time to make a change,
Just sit down, take it slowly.
You're still young, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to go through.
Find a man, settle down, if you want you can marry.
Look at me, I am old, but I'm happy.

All the times that I cried, keeping all the things I knew inside,
It's hard, but it's harder to ignore it.
If they were right, I'd agree, but it's them who won not me.
Now there's a way and I know that I have to go away.
I know I have to go.

(Cat Stevens featuring Stigmum and me) The next song on the cd is Morning Has Broken and the song after that is Wild World which stiggers sang to me after I met Nick Clegg! Que sera sera ey Doris, que sera sera!

3 comments:

Jean said...

I *LOVE* that song.

I've been following your trials and tribulations all along, not always commenting, but wishing you well.

I'm pleased for the two of you, I hope this is the start of something better for you. If you reinvent yourself on another blog, please let me know. Good luck xx

Stigmum said...

Thank you so much, especially for your support. I'm going to miss Stigmum and blogspot too so I will be back at some point. I'm going to miss some of the blogs I follow too, like yours, so may comment as 'anonymous' while I try and get some distance from housing! Tough though as stiggers pulls me back all the time! We do so love to write!
Very best of luck to you too. Take good care of yourself and maybe see you sometime xxx

Writing Sally said...

beautiful song, very find of Cat Stevens. All the best x