Wednesday 10 November 2010

Preparing the boy for no TV!

The new place doesn't have cable. I called Virgin to tell them I was moving and got the news.
They'll have to deliver their services over a BT line.
Should I just change providcr? Get a bundle from BT?
If the place was permanent I might, if ultimately it kept my costs down.
I'm staying with who I've got though, it's easier. The woman on the phone even said she'd talk to her manager to waive my connection fee after I said I was being evicted.
What do I do about a tv though? Isn't it all going digital? I just have a tiny portable from the last millenium, will I be able to get a picture if I just plug it in? Have those days gone?
Gosh, it's all so unknown.
The woman connected me to a guy who tried to sell me some kind of sky package with 6 months free rental. I found it all rather confusing and well, sounded pretty expensive.
It's all going to be expensive though isn't it?
They said if I get a freeview box I "won't get so many channels" (I don't care but my son might...) but that I also needed a good aerial on the roof (I didn't look)
I'm all for simplifying my life at the moment, so when my son comes back from school I'll tell him we won't have access to any tv programmes in our new flat. No TV! No more! Back to basics!
I imagine he won't take the news very well....
We won't have access to anything for a while because Virgin can't connect us until the end of the month.
Thank God I've got a stereo, that's all that remains to be said (apart from saying I'll miss you blogspot).

No comments: