Thursday 11 November 2010

The last time for a long time..I'm guessing

Bidding Day!!

The exclamation because I'm not going to be doing it again for a while, a long while I hope. I'm going to give myself a break from it for my sanity's sake.

What do we have this week?
Two for me and my boy.

The first I bid on was a double/single flat, 10th floor of a tower block on a large estate. Shower only (a smile from me; I don't know of any council flat that has an ensuite shower and a separate bathroom like I'm going to have in the temporary they found me!) There's full central heating, a communal garden and rent is set at £117 a week.

The second was the ground floor double/single flat on a small estate, with a front garden. 1 internal, 1 external step. "Priority will be given to applicants assessed as having a medical need for ground floor, the to applicants with children under 5 living above the 2nd floor and or with overcrowding points." Rent is set at £83 a week.

I'd have liked this one though not the first one. You see, with this bidding lark, you have to bid for what 'ideally' you don't want. You have to try not to hope for what you do, especially if you have a child over 5, are living above the 2nd floor and the policies for your situation don't allow you overcrowding points.

Maybe you can tell I'm feeling grateful today. With good reason to, fecking hell, with good reason to.

Juggling mum and Gardening mum in the playground were really pleased we'd got somewhere.
"You can go and get a job now," said Juggling. "No more volunteering, go out and get paid work."
"Oh, not so easy now," I smiled (smiled?) "Did you read the Observer on Sunday?"

Ah yes Juggler, why should a company or a charity pay me when you are there to pay them and pay me? And on top of that my sweet, still pay my housing benefit as well.

She's got a point though, I'd like paid work, but whereas she thinks I should take any old shit, money is money, Gardening mum's more in tune with me, that I should somehow find something more in tune to my skills and knowledge base.

I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm going to try not to worry about it. I just want to move into my new place and take it all from there.

Flip, hallellujah, a rest from bidding. Hope I don't get suicidal thoughts again when I restart the depressing process.

Stop thinking about that

Yes, thanks stiggers, I'll stop thinking about that.

No comments: