Saturday 13 November 2010

Saying farewell to Papier Mache Towers

Sitting cross legged on the floor yesterday afternoon after coming back from new flat, trying to unpeel stickers from the kitchen door.

A reflective moment about my time here in Papier Mache Towers.

If you take out everything to do with housing issues, of which there were a ton, but if you take them all out, it was nice living here.

This tiny flat, with so much light flooding in through the windows was peaceful for me and my son. Little boy, we laughed and danced when the black dog didn't have me mind ridden. I never let the Foca in, ever, so none of that negative energy. The neighbours were all really nice, well the ones I got to know.

Take away good memories I told myself. I hope I can. It may take a little while to get over the unhappy ones.

New place, how different to this place. I could hear my new neighbours music coming from downstairs last night which means they're going to hear ours and our footsteps. Hopefully now my son's older he won't erm, jump around too much! These new builds ey, no soundproofing!

It's also now quite hard to describe where I live. It's not a tower, it's not on an estate, it's not really on a street either. It's kind of a vein off an artery. Very, very different. And only one neighbour, not 50 like here.

I wonder what memories we'll pick up there. Peaceful ones I hope. One immediate difference is that I'll have to let the Foca into this one. My son will want to show him his room. It's not 'our' room anymore, none of his space is my space too.

Time to move on isn't it? Time to move on.....

No comments: