Wednesday 3 November 2010

Viewing properties

My support worker has called asking me if I agree to view the property the council has found for me.

I asked, if I was not to accept it, would we end up in a hostel and he said the likelihood was yes.

He said it's not an 'ultimatum' though, I can 'keep bidding'.

Oh my life, it's changing but it doesn't change.

I should be delighted, I should be grateful, I should be totally relieved: a two bedroom flat walking distance from son's school.

With the coalition's new policies, it's a different kind of defeat this time.

I mustn't think about next time. I mustn't.

Support worker has said I can view it today because he's on leave until next Monday. I could wait until next Monday but he's said he'll call the temporary allocations team to get things moving.

The overwhelming feeling is that I have 'lost' again. Won an important battle again, but lost my war for security again.

I mustn't think like that. Mustn't mustn't mustn't mustn't.

I've won I've won I've won I've won I've won

No comments: