Wednesday 3 November 2010

We are going "home"

Dear [Allocations],

Thank you for your email. I am available to view the property whenever you want. I am sincerely grateful you have found somewhere that doesn't negatively affect my son's education, is in close proximity to his friends, because I know I have to accept this offer.

You know how I feel regarding temporary accommodation, and I do accept, at this late stage, that there is no alternative.

I will try not to be afraid of the future but do try and understand, without judging me, that everywhere my son has lived, the property owner has not wanted him to remain. A council flat represented in my eyes, security for my child and affordabilty for me. You and I both know that the coalition is abolishing this for everyone.

Who 'owns' the property?
Is the landlord different as has been the case here?
Could you tell me how long the lease is for?
Could you tell me what the rent is on the property?

When I've moved I have to start thinking very seriously about getting a job.
Thankyou, from the bottom of my heart, for not placing us in a hostel.
One last request: after I have viewed the property, could I be given a couple of weeks to pack and make calls to alert energy companies, water companies, telephone companies that type of thing before we move in? I haven't been able to do anything, gripped as I have been with fear of the unknown. To be honest, I still can't get my head around your email this morning so viewing the property will help me a great deal.

Thanks again. I will give my son the good news when I pick him up from school.

Kind regards,

Sue de Nim

(I feel sick stiggers, a curious response ey?)

No comments: