Saturday 13 November 2010

Whoops, haven't redirected the post....

Letters on the door mat have reminded me that I haven't redirected my mail. What a muppet.
Mind you, in my defence, I couldn't believe that I was going to the new flat until I had the keys in my hand and then when I had the keys in my hand I was told I was leaving the next day.

A race against time to get packing, I directed all my efforts there.

If I hadn't been allowed back here today, I wouldn't have received the following letter. It has served to remind me how lucky I am, how bleddy fecking lucky. It could be any housing association or landlord by the way, so I won't name it. Oh and I'm cutting bits out of the letter that you already know or I'd be here all night.

Here goes:

Dear Ms de Nim

EVICTION

...30 November 2010

You must move out of your home, and leave the property by that date

Please not that any personal property and possessions, which are left in the premises after that date, will be removed from the property by the Housing Association. Under no circumstances can the Housing Association allow you to go back into the property after the eviction has taken place, nor can the Housing Association delay the Bailiffs appointment whilst you remove the personal property and possessions (ah, the Church did, bless it as a landlord).
...
I must repeat that it will not be possible for you to re-enter the property after the eviction date, and that all or any of your personal items and possessions left in the property will be removed. Neither can the Housing Association nor its agents, or anyone else acting on its behalf will accept any responsibility for items removed from the premises after teh the eviction date.

Would you please stop saying Yours sincerely at the end of harsh letters. Thankyou.

Two lucky things I wish to point out.
First, I am not being evicted by bailiffs
Second, I'm glad the council intervened and got me these few extra days to come back to the property. I found a photo of my family down the side of the desk and the clock on the kitchen wall, though admittedly, the clock's easy to replace, but not the picture my son drew me, which is my profile picture on facebook, which can't be. Nor, I don't think, can the picture.

Lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky lucky me

No comments: